Summary of the Rockbox enhancements against an official version
Russian version of this page
The following fixes and improvements are implemented in this
Rockbox builds against their official counterparts:
- Incorporated Vortex project sources.
- Extensively enhanced speech interface. In particular it is provided
for pitch screen and even for some plugins such as Chessbox, Main
menu config, Properties, Mpegplayer, Mikmod and Imageviewer.
- Enhanced alarm functionality.
- A little sound quality improvement on some players.
- User selectable USB cable behaviour on some devices.
- Beeps when navigating to end or beginning of a list.
- New bookmarking option: one per track.
- Eliminated bookmark conflict with file names containing semicolon.
- Enabled hotkey for Sansa Clip players. This function is bounded
to the Submenu and Home + Submenu key for WPS and file browser
- Extended WPS hotkey functionality. Now it can be used for
bookmarking and for getting some information by voice.
- Saving pitch and speed settings on playback stop and restore them
- Using talk clips for radio station names.
- Pause between tracks.
- Added setting to enable/disable lineout on Sansa Fuze V2.
- Enhanced car adapter mode.
- Fixed ticking noise in FM radio for Sansa Clip+.
- Adjustable delay before button repeat is implemented.
- Rockbox info screen enhancements:
- added items for current date and time and chosen recording
- battery level is made spoken when charging.
- Fixed playlist insertion when it is made before currently played track.
- Sleep timer now pauses playback instead of shutting down player.
- Fixed and enhanced chessbox plugin:
- unfinished game is now saved along with current position;
- all savings are automatically done on shutdown;
- implemented facility to view played games;
- fixed bug that prevented program from the very first move.
- Eliminated Debug menu.
- Enlarged memory space for file and radio station names.
- Fixed elapsed time calculation for pretty large files.
- Fixed saving playback position and bookmark when battery goes empty.
- Added an option to swap channels.
- When shortcut is created for a file or folder an appropriate action
is assigned to it rather than merely pointing file browser:
- a folder is entered;
- a file is executed according to it's type.
- More audio file formats are supported:
- implemented codec for AAC bitstream files (those with extension .aac);
- AC3 coded files in realaudio format are now playable;
- increased format variations tolerance for realmedia files;
- implemented support of ASF files with MP3 audiostream.
- For those targets that allow to choose sampling frequency
implemented automatic switch facility according to the playing file
- Pictureflow invocation fix: plugin is not loaded if database is not
ready and it is assumed as a browser only when returns to WPS
- Localization enhancements:
- complete Russian translation;
- almost complete Czech translation;
- more general pronunciation style for numeric values that better
fits various languages.
- Added an option in the files view settings that allows to choose
between two sort orders: directories first (default) and files
first. This option is also respected when directory changes during
playback. Thus, playback order is now completely consistent with
the file browser sorting options.
- Enhanced midiplay plugin:
- bugs fixed;
- improved overall stability and sound quality;
- conventional mixer and DSP are employed in playback process.
- Enhanced mikmod plugin:
- improved sound quality;
- conventional mixer is employed in playback process;
- playback is performed in a separate thread;
- speech feedback is provided in menus.
See full list of applied patches and
some additional features explanation for further details.